Registered Training Organisations (RTOs)
Click on the link for a list of all the Registered Training Organisations in the Northern Territory www.apprenticeships.nt.gov.au.
For information and assistance with Australian Apprenticeships for people with a disability contact one of the following organisations or download the attached form regarding support for apprentices with a disability for information on the Disabled Australian Apprentice Wage Support (DAAWS) programme.
- Disability Services & Liaison, Alice Springs 8951 5177
- Waltja Tjutangku Palyapayi, Alice Springs 8953 4488
- STEPS Employment, Alice Springs 8953 0911
- CRS Australia Darwin 8920 8000, Palmerston 8936 9255, Katherine 8973 0300, Nhulunbuy 8987 1310
- Project Employment Darwin 8948 1100, Nhulunbuy 8987 3481
- Anglicare Employability, Katherine 8972 1571
- HPA, Darwin 8947 2922
Group Training Companies
These organisations provide a job matching service specialising in Australian Apprenticeships (traineeships and apprenticeships) for both employers and employees. Group Training companies employ Australian Apprentices and then place them with ‘host employers’ to gain industry skills.
- Aboriginal Employment Strategy
47 Cavenagh Street, Darwin NT 0800 (08) 8911 1542
- AFL SportsReady
TIO Stadium, Abala Road Marrara NT 0812 (08) 8945 2224
- Apprenticeships Australia
7/42 Toupien Road, Yarrawonga NT 0830 (08) 8930 3200
- Electro Group Apprentices
51 Berwick Street, Fortitude Valley QLD 4006 (07) 3852 2822
Building 2, 116-120 Coonawarra Road, Winnellie NT 0800 (08) 8980 0600
2/9 Whittaker Street, Alice Springs NT 0871 (08) 8955 6900
19 Second Street, Katherine NT 0851 (08) 8965 1222
65 Staunton Street, Tennant Creek NT 0871 (08) 8955 6990
- Myriad Group Training
46 The Mall, Smith Street, Darwin NT 0800 (08) 8941 5959
- Tiwi Islands Training & Employment Board
Lot 2162 Armidale Street Stuart Park NT 0820 (08) 8941 5988
Harrison Online Career Assessment
The Harrison Online Career Assessment is a powerful tool that takes the participants responses from a range of relevant questions and turns them into a newly identified list of career options rated according to job satisfaction and enjoyment.
The assessment includes an overview of their greatest strengths as a person, a career development guide that illustrates the ways in which they can most effectively understand and perform work tasks, and a career comparison report which identifies how suited they are to a chosen career and how well they would adapt to that occupation.
The Harrison Online Career Assessment is available in 29 languages and assesses jobseeker behaviour and aptitude in a way that is simple, easy to use and only takes 25-30 minutes to complete. The cost of taking the assessment is $33 including GST.
The Harrison Online Career Assessment Tool generates four separate online reports for jobseekers, which can be provided to employers as an independent assessment of employment suitability:
- Career options report, ranking a list of appropriate careers in descending order by suitability
- Greatest strengths report, which provides an analysis of a jobseeker’s greatest work-related strengths
- Career development report (coaching tool)
- Career comparison report, outlining suitability for a given career.
The career comparison report allows participants to compare their career preferences against the requirements for any given occupation. It can also function as a mentoring tool to give potential employers advice about how best to work with jobseekers to develop their workplace capabilities.
Employers can use a local jobactive provider for tailored recruitment services, at no cost to their business. jobactive providers work closely with employers to understand their recruitment needs.
Job seekers can get help from a jobactive provider to get and keep a job . jobactive providers have the flexibility to tailor their services to a job seeker’s assessed needs.
To find your local Jobactive Provider visit: https://www.employment.gov.au/jobactive
Industry Skills Advisory Councils NT (ISAC)
The Industry Skills Advisory Council NT represents all industry groups across the Northern Territory. It has replaced the following six industry training advisory councils:
- Culture, Hospitality, Arts, Recreation, Tourism, Textiles, Entertainment and Sport Training Advisory Council
- Human Services Training Advisory Council
- Major Industries Training Advisory Council
- Primary Industries Training Advisory Council
- Service Industries Training Advisory Council
- Transport, Engineering, Automotive Training Advisory Council.
The council is an autonomous and not-for-profit organisation. It works with industry, business, government and training providers on training for workers and the development of workforce skills.
Visit the Department of Trade, Business & Innovation website for more information.
Trade Support Loans
For more information on the Trade Support Loans Act 2014 please go to the following link:
Trade Support Loans Act 2014